Pages

Thursday 5 April 2012

Guest Post - Ricki from rouge baby boutique

Today I have a guset post, with these yummy muffins.

Hi! I'm Ricki from Rogue Baby Boutique! I am a wife, mama, crafter, blogger, and cooking enthusiast. I love to make custom diaper wipes cases, hair pretties, and baking! Today, I'd love to share with you one of my favorite new recipes. Bananas gone coconuts muffins! Yumm! For other yummy recipes and fun stuff, please visit my blog at www.roguebaby.blogspot.com

In my house, we tend to always have bananas in the house. We all like them when they are still a tinge of green, so once they start to get those brown spots, they are destined for banana bread or to be frozen for protien shakes. But not anymore! Those bananas have found a new purpose.
Introducing... Bananas Gone Coconuts Muffins!

These sweet babies are made from just about as "scratch" as you can get. And are pretty easy!


Here's what you will need:
3 cups flour
3 ripe bananas
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 sticks salted butter (melted or room temp)
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk (evaporated or coconut milk would be a good substitute)
1 cup shredded coconut
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas. beat in sugars, eggs, and butter. Then blend in flour, baking soda, vanilla extract, and milk. Lastly mix in the coconut.
Makes 24 standard cupcake size muffins. Boo Boo calls them cupcakes, and my hubby agrees, a good homemade cream cheese frosting would turn these quickly from "muffins" to cupcakes! )

1 comment:

  1. I like that combination! Sounds yummy - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your LOVELY comments!! Any questions, pop them here!